Research room opening hours
The research room is only open on weekdays. To make sure there is an opportunity to do research, book your visit in the form below.
- In June, July and August, the research room is open Monday–Friday 10:00 am–4:00 pm
- In May and September, the research room is open Tuesday–Friday 10:00 am–4:00 pm
- In October–April, the research room is open Wednesday–Thursday 10:00 am–4:00 pm
There is no charge for the use of the databases without assistance. With assistance from the staff the charges are:
- 0-2 hours – 200 SEK (~$25)
- 2 hours or more – 400 SEK (~$50)
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the staff at the Swedish Emigrant Institute will not, until further notice, be able to assist visitors in person with genealogy. For visitors who wish to use the databases independently, visits can still be booked through the form below. Research via e-mail is still available, see below.